Last update: 03/12/2019
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies, also known as ‘HTTP cookies’, ‘web cookies’ or ‘browser cookies’, are usually small files sent from a website and stored in the user’s web browser or device while a user is browsing a website or using a mobile application. If the user browses the same website in the future, the website can retrieve the data saved in the cookie to inform it of the user’s previous activities. Cookies were designed as a reliable mechanism for websites to recall the status of the website or the activities of the user in the past. They help us to optimise your visits to the Website and the Portal, to remember technical choices (such as the choice of language, a newsletter, etc) and to show more relevant services and offers. If you wish to view or use the Website and the Portal, Dobco advises you to accept cookies. However, if you opt not to do so, you are always free to reject them.
Cookies may record clicking certain buttons, log-ins or pages visited by the user, even months or years ago. Although cookies cannot contain viruses and cannot install any malware on the host computer, tracking cookies and in particular third-party tracking cookies are often used as ways to compile long-term data of the browser history of individuals – a major privacy concern that led European and American legislators to take action in 2011. This cookie statement complies with current Belgian law (Act of 10.07.2012 establishing provisions concerning electronic communication, BS 20.9.2012).
This Website/the Portal uses different types of cookies:
- The strictly necessary cookies: As the name suggests, these cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to surf the Website or to use the Portal, or to provide certain functions that you have requested.
- Cookies for functionality: These cookies improve the functionality of the Website and the Portal by saving your preferences. For example, you can set up your profile on the home page.
- Tracking cookies: These cookies will survive user sessions. If the Max-Age of a permanent cookie is set at 1 year, then the initial value included in the cookie will be sent back to the server each time that the user visits the server during that year. This is done in order to save essential information, such as how the user initially arrived at the Website or the Portal. For this reason, they are also known as ‘tracking cookies’. For example, as soon as you have selected the required language, the Website/the Portal will record your preference in a permanent cookie and save it in your browser. The next time you visit the Website/the Portal, the Website/the Portal will use that permanent cookie to ensure that the content is provided to you in the language that you require.
3. LIST OF THE COOKIES THE WEBSITE USES
The table below contains a summary of the cookies that DOBCO uses, where appropriate, and which information they save.
Google Analytics cookies
We use Google Analytics cookies to gather data on your sessions on our website. For more information on the operation of these cookies, please see the Google cookie and privacy statement.
Other website cookies
- .ASPNETCORE.CULTURE: Records the language choice as soon as it is changed manually (the browser language is used as a standard)
4. List of cookies the PACSonWEB portal uses
We use Google Analytics cookies to gather data on your sessions on the PACSonWEB portal. For more information on the operation of these cookies, please see the Google cookie and privacy statement.
- .ASPXAUTH: PACSonWEB portal authentication
- ASP.NET_SessionId: PACSonWEB portal session ID
- POWLanguage: Records the language choice as soon as it is changed manually (the browser language is used as a standard)
- RETURNSCU: customer portal at which you logged in
- Dobco.LocalImageCaches: Registers the local image caches, linked to the user
5. Other technologies
‘Cookies’ also refers to similar technologies that process certain personal data and that we use on our portal.
Local storage is used for the following data:
- cookie-shownNews: the last occasion on which you opened the notices
- POWHomerBGuid: ID for the use of HomeReading
- cookie-POW3StudyTutorial (Obsolete): records whether the tutorial has already been shown
- POW3SharingOtherDestinationSettings: preferred settings for sharing an investigation
- POW3SharingAnonDestinationSettings: preferred settings for sharing an investigation
- printing_check_openByDefault: preferred setting for printing an investigation
- cookie-POW3LoginSource: customer portal at which you logged in
- ShownImportNews: recording of the important news facts already shown
- reportfontsize: font size of the report in the viewer
- POW3LoginOption: preferred login type
This technology is similar to the cookies described above. Data are stored in a simple database on your device and can be used to save certain information regarding your activities and preferences. However, this technology uses different parts of your device from the standard cookies. You therefore may not be able to manage them with your browser’s standard tools and settings.
6. Blocking cookies
A number of options are available to prevent the storage of cookies. Please visit the websites of the various browsers to learn how you can block the storage of cookies. You should be aware that if you decide to delete all your cookies, how will very probably have to re-enter all your user names and passwords on all websites you visit, when you previously did not even have to think about that. As already mentioned, cookies can be a real benefit to your online surfing experience. If you would like more information on cookies, please visit the website at www.allaboutcookies.org. This website provides additional information on cookies, explains in detail how you can delete the cookies you find and
7. DPO contact details
Dobco Medical Systems NV
Nachtegaalstraat 6 W05
9240 Zele (Belgium)